Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The penguin challenge look 2: 80's inspired, colour block


The second look from the penguin challenge has to be black and colour. Because penguins live in the water (well, they don't live in the water, but they swim and hunt in the water :D), I wanted to do something with blue. I decided to go with turquoise, for it's one of my favourite colours.
This look is much simpler than the first one (you don't say? :D), I really wanted to create something more wearable. Although it's still not probably the most wearable look, but you can easily tone it down or make it even more dramatic.

So here is the look I created:





Products used:

face:
- Essence Clear&matt Make-up oil-free foundation 01 porcelain
- Bourjois healthy mix concealer 52 Vanille
- E.l.f. complexion perfection
- NYX blush Pinched
- NYX Mosaic powder highlight

eyes:
- Urban Decay Primer potion Eyeshadow base
- E.l.f. Creme liner Teal tease
- Coastal Scents (turquoise colour and a lighter blue, I applied in the center of the lids and inner corner)
- NYX Mosaic powder highlight 
- Essence gel liner 01 Midnight in Paris
- Catrice Kohl Kajal black
- Bourjois Volume Glomour Max definition mascara
- Baci false eyelashes no. 652

eyebrows:
- Catrice Absolute Eye colour 350 Starlight Expresso

lips:
- Revlon Lipbutter TuttiFrutti

I applied creme eyeliner as an eyeshadow base, to make an eyeshadow pop. I set it with turquoise eyeshadow to prevent smudging and creasing. In the center of my eyelid and in my inner corners I applied light blue to add some dimension. For brow highlight I used the same one as for the face (NYX), I lined my upper lash line with black gel liner and bottom lash line with black eyeshadow and a little bit of turquoise colour. Applied black pencil in my waterline, added mascara and false lashes.

Because eyes were blue, I decided to do orange lips, because those colours compliment each other. For cheeks I also chose orange-y blush.
Afterwards I realized that I colour blocked and it kinda reminds me of 80's makeup. That's why I wrote that in the title :).
As easy as ABC :)


Do you like it? I think it's really easy to do and I would totally wear it. Would you?

xoxo Deja

Here are the other ladies participating in this challenge. Check them out <3


5 comments:

  1. I would totally wear this! Love the combination with the orange lips! Looks gorgeous on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zelo mi je všeč, z veseljem bi nosila tak make up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turquoise color looks fantastic! the whole look is just amazing - wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete