Monday, August 6, 2012

DIY: coffee body scrub

I don't know about you, but I get ingrown hair super fast. And if I don't exfoliate, my skin is not soft and feeling on my skin is kinda "blah". For me the best body scrubs/peeling are homemade, DIY ... simple, cheap and not time consuming at all.
I came across with this body scrub, it has only four simple ingredients, which I already had in my kitchen, although I'm not a coffee drinker :).

This scrub can help you eliminate cellulite, I've read that coffee scrubs are good for that ... and because coffee is dark, it can help you maintain your tan. I'm super white (well my legs are super duper white :D), it didn't do much for me :D.

Here is the recipe:
- 2 tablespoon of organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon of finely ground coffee
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice (any other citrus will do, too)
- pinch of Himalayan salt (you can use sea salt)



Mix all the ingredients together and your mixture is ready to use :). I applied it on wet skin under the shower. Afterwards I used self tanner on my legs (exfoliation is key for smooth fake tan) and moisturising cream on my other body areas.

Nothing smells better than coffee :)

Enjoy the softness of your skin ;).

You can add essential oils if you would like to change the smell of it, but I got a terrible allergy once because of it, and I prefer simplicity :).

Tell me how it turned out if you tried it. What kind of body scrubs/peelings do you use?

xoxo Deja

P.S.: Thank you for lovely comments on my last blog post "The penguin challenge look 1: Drag queen". You just made my whole year ;). Love you all <3

6 comments:

  1. Jaz sem si že par mesecev nazaj kupila en scrub za noge od Soap & Glory in sem po pravici povedano čisto pozabla nanj. Hvala bogu za tale post, da sem se spomnila, da ga imam. Ga bom takoj jutri sprobala. :)

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe. Zato jih delam sama, na kupljene vedno pozabim :)

      Delete
  2. Joj tudi jaz imam te probleme z vrascanjem non stop.. bom definitivno preizkusila! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tega morem pa še sprobat. Ponavadi ga delam z olivnim oljem in soljo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. meni osebno je sol pregroba za mojo kožo.. drugače pa fajn kombinacija :)

      Delete