Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Unusual beauty tip: many uses of an eyeshadow primer

Ah, eyeshadow primer ... makes my life much less complicated :D. I have hooded lids and eyeshadows crease on me in no time. But you can use your eyeshadow primer in many other ways. Let's find out how :)


1. When you apply your eye primer on your lid, make sure you apply it on your lower lashline as well if you intend to put any shadows or pencil there. It will prevent smudging all over your face.

 

2. Use it as a base before you fill in your brows. If you apply eyeshadow or brow shadow on your brows, it will stay on longer if you apply primer on your brows first. I do that especially whenever I do black brows for weekly tag or any other crazy look.


3. Apply it around your lips to prevent lipstick from smudging. I thought this "technique" by Petite Sal, when she posted a tutorial how to get perfect red lips (check it out here: click). Primer around your lips is actually like a lip liner, an invisible lip liner and it prevents smudging your lipstick!


4. Have some fine smiling lines around your lips? You can apply your eyeshadow primer there before foundation if you don't want to use all over face primer, this will smooth out that area and prevent foundation from getting in those lines! Make sure eyeshadow primer is matte, you don't want any unwanted shimmer around your lips.




5. You can also use it as a concealer if primer is in "concealer color" and has no shimmer.


If you have any other ideas how to use an eyeshadow primer and how do you use it, please, share it with the world in a comment ;)
Thank you for reading!


23 comments:

  1. Using primer around the lips is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. thanks for sharing this unusual tip. thumbs up.

    I would love it if you have a spare 5 minutes to check out my blog and maybe give me a follow.

    www.weegillie.blogspot.co.uk

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tips,love the idea of using it around lips:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post hunni, really good tip for the eyebrows xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips, I'd never thought of multi use for an eye primer but I spose its all the same!

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kater primer ti je pa najboljši? Meni noben ne zaleže za cel dan :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaz trenutno uporabljam Essence I <3 stage in Too faced shadow insurance. Mi pa noben od teh ni najljubši najljubši. Še vedno iščem idealnega.

      Delete
  7. Odličen post. Za 4. točko prej še nisem slišala, moram definitivno poskusiti. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. a ako ima shimmera može poslužit i kao highlighter :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super post! Defenitivno sprobam vse točke ( mogoče lip linerja ne, ker ne uporabljam šmink) =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super ideje! Ga bom naslednjič sprobala pod učkami. Me zanima, če se mi bo manj korektorja nabiralo v gubicah...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas!! I'm definitely going to try the smile-wrinkle one, because that's really my problem. And because I smile quite often, the problem isn't going away :P
    Thank you so much for mentioning me! I really appreciate it! :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helped me, it may help you as well :) (and I smile a lot, I feel ya! :))
      Thank you for sharing this tip in the first place :)
      X

      Delete
  12. Some great uses! I need to start thinking out the box more! I never realised that it can be a multi use product. Great post :)
    Chloe xx
    http://moonchild-chloe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete