Friday, January 10, 2014

Ultraflesh shinebox Highlight and Shimmer Collection REVIEW

I received this lovely palette from StrawberryNet.com which was sent to me as a gift after joining their Blogger Collaboration Program. I never shopped on their site before, but I have a few items on my list, since I can't get them anywhere else or are pricier. Plus they offer free international shipping.


Ingredients.



Palette is 5-piece set and contains: 2 all over highlighters, 2 all over shimmers and 1 all over enchancer. Packaging is black, shiny and sturdy, I actually really like it. The only thing that's missing is a mirror, which I don't see as a problem though :). It divides into three compartments (seen on the picture below), I don't think I've seen anything like it before.



In first compartment is a powder product "enhancer powder" (4.2 grams/0.15 Oz.) which is slightly bronzed, has nice tiny shimmer and acts like a really nice highlight. I tried to wear it as an eyeshadow (1/2 of a lid in inner corner), which I think it's great if you're looking for subtle and fresh look, for me, it's not enough pigmented to wear it as an eyeshadow on the lids, but works great as a face and inner corner highlight.


In second compartment you get two creamy products "cream shimmers" (3.2 grams/0.11 Oz.), lighter and darker one. First one has golden shimmer, second one has silver/white shimmer. I, personally, am not a fan of cream shadows, because they usually disappear on me pretty quickly, but I used the second one as my brow highlight the other day and it stayed on its place all day. Once applied it dries pretty quickly, it sets and it doesn't even look like a cream product. I really like that!


In the last compartment are two little pencils "highlight eyeliners" (0.19 grams/0.01 Oz.), again, one lighter (cool toned), other darker (warm toned). My initial though was they would be great for travelling, since they don't take a lot of space. They look great applied in inner corners and look pretty and subtle in the water line as well (white pencil can look bit too harsh). Pencils are creamy and easily bendable. They are my favourite products in this palette :)

 L to R: powder, 2 creams, 2 eyepencils.

Overall, I think it's a great palette if you like wearing highlight and like to have more option. It's not the most inconvenient thing to travel with, but pencils are portable. Overall I think it's a great quality product, true highlight heaven ;)


Check out StrawberryNet.com and let me know what did you order ;)
You can find out this highlight palette HERE.


Follow me:

1 comment: