- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 medium sized carrots, peeled, chopped
- 150 g of tofu
- 1 table spoon of tomato paste
- 3-4 dl of tomato sauce (I used pureed tomatoes that we keep in our freezer)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tea spoon of curry powder
- pinch of red chili powder
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
1. Pour olive oil into preheated pan. Transfer chopped leek and carrots in it as well. Lower the heat and cook for about 2 minutes, so both vegetables become softer.
2. Place tofu in a food processor and process until minced (it should look like minced meet). Transfer it into a pan with vegetables. Stir.
3. Now add tomato paste and seasoning. Stir again. Add tomato sauce and place pan cover on top. Let it cook for at least 45 minutes (to 1 hour) on low-medium heat. Make sure you stir it occasionally while cooking. If tomato sauce evaporates, add some water. Serve with gluten-free pasta.
I served it with corn pasta, because that's what I had and wanted to eat, but it would be delicious combined with quinoa, amaranth, brown riceor even on its own.
Instead of leek use onion, instead of carrots use portobello mushroom, or use any kind of vegetables you prefer.
More recipes will be available in my cook book (it's in its last finishing touches :)).
Bon appetite :)